Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Gallery Opening
My favorite piece of the opening was "The Nightgown Pictures". I enjoyed how I could look at this piece from three different angles. At first, I studied all of the pictures on the left side of each pair that held the child in her nightgown. Just by these pictures, I felt as if I was back in the awkward stages of puberty. I then attempted to look at all of these landscapes separately from the picture beside each one that consisted of the child in her nightgown. Finally, I looked at it as a whole. I thought it was a great idea how Nina Katchadourian then went back and took pictures of the same (or as close as she could find) location as the original picture. I felt such a connection between each photograph. It was amazing how strong the passage of time was present.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment