Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"I Am What Is Missing"






The concept behind this self-portrait is the fact that all of us may feel so trivial in life, yet we all have such a strong presence and importance. We may seem mundane in existence due to the amount of people in the world, but our life can bring so much power at the same time. The poem used in these images is by Mark Strand and helps demonstrate this idea.

The image of me in the middle was used in Photoshop while the other two images were used in Illustrator. The image in the middle is a composite of two images. First I used selective color and increased the blacks and yellows. Then I changed the contrast and enhanced the vibrance. I added a drop shadow and put on a slight sepia filter. For the images used in illustrator, I changed the contrast and increased the magentas. I used the daub painting filter on them and then created the text. I feathered the text in parts to emphasize the fact that they were the 'absence' or what was 'missing'.

No comments:

Post a Comment