Monday, April 12, 2010

Princeton Museum

I have been to the Princeton Museum several times due to the variety of work they have there. This time, my favorite exhibition consisted of the Chinese landscapes. I really enjoy how different they are from other types of art, simply for the fact that they are hanging scrolls with ink on silk. This makes it much more interesting to me. These works tried to show all different examples of the definition of a landscape. These were from the 12th century all the way to the present and showed a change in how artists approached their work. Landscapes are something that are found all around the world no matter where you are. These tie us together and make us feel connected. I also enjoyed the work from the Byzantine time period because I am learning about that in my art history class at the moment. It is always exciting to physically see something that you are discussing. It makes it much more enticing and makes me feel more emersed in the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment